3 Quick Ways To Remove/Uninstall Conduit From Computers4:17 PM
The conduit search toolbar is one application that has proven to be a torn in the flesh of computer users, your PC may have probably been infected with this toolbar virus (depending on how you look at it.), the worst is that it's pretty difficult to get ride of this Conduit search engine from your computer hence the name virus. We're going to see 3 quick and easy steps to remove this program.
About The Conduit Search Toolbar
The toolbar when viewed in form of virus is an application that's usually embeded in an application, which means it comes in an application you must have installed in your computer via the recommended suggestion. While installing some known applications (apps you know its uses), you might go the quick way and install the app using the "recommended" option, doing this will install everything including this search conduit engine, that is why it's suggested you customize what you install using the "custom" option. Going through customization will help you untick the Conduit Toolbar.
Signs of Conduit Search
1. Slow internet connection, some times you won't even have internet connectivity. This may result in error messages like unable to connect.
2. Your Url will change as Conduit will appear in the web address when you conduct a search.
3. Erratic behaviour of some applications, usually web browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Chrome. This clocks the browser's reliability and thus it becomes unstable.
Below are 3 very easy and quick steps to get ride of conduit, eliminating this search engine-like virus for good. It's a do it yourself way which rules out the many programs that seemingly removes this virus (while they don't or worst harden it), this is essentially the easy steps to remove Conduit search engine toolbar without any program. Here are the ways.
1. Uninstall The Conduit via Control Panel The first step is to remove this virus from the control panel, click start > add or remove program > locate the conduit search or any other recently installed program you don't know its function (fact "conduit may not be its name").
2. Delete From the Browser As this creates a toolbar upon installation it's apt you delete it from your browser. For IE click the gear icon or Tools at the top, select Internet Options. In the Internet Options dialog box, click on the Advanced tab, then click on the Reset button. Check the Delete personal settings box, then select Reset. After resetting, click Close and OK. Close and open I.E again.
For Mozilla FirefoxClick the Firefox window, head to the Help sub-menu or the Help menu at the top of the Firefox window for windows xp, and select Troubleshooting, click Reset Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page, and reset it, Firefox will close and be reset. Click finish to finish reseting
Remove from Google Chrome. On the browser toolbar click Chrome menu button on and select Tools > Extensions. In the Extensions tab, remove the Conduit Apps (recycle bin) and any other unknown extensions by clicking the trash icon. Next is to change Google Chrome default search engine from Conduit Search to Google. On the Chrome menu select Settings > Manage search engines, select Google and select > Make Default button that appears. Look for Conduit Search in the Search Engines list, and click the X button that appears. (at row's end) Change Google Chrome homepage from search.conduit.com to its original (default).
3. Uninstall Everything This is the surest and perhaps meanest way of deleting or removing conduit engine for good. Go to the control panel again and uninstall all applications one by leaving non-internet applications, and built in app (application that comes with your Operating System) alone. Use the first step to do this.
Ok you're done this are the 3 easy quick steps, for those who are tired those long and tedious process.